This summer exercise your child’s mind & stimulate a desire to learn?
Both sports and academics provide an opportunity for your child to experience accomplishment and discover hidden talents. Success in both areas gives children an edge and builds self-confidence.
At the Hi-Tech Summer Camp designed by the Institute for Math and Computer Science (IMACS), we do for the mind what sports does for the body!
Our program consists of logic puzzles, computer programming, virtual robotics, electronics, and an element of competition. Working solo and in teams, kids learn how to think logically and creatively while having fun. Every participant is motivated to come up with their own solutions, yet IMACS also encourages collaboration among kids with similar interests, creating a sense of belonging, as well as accomplishment.
What is IMACS?
IMACS is an independent teaching and educational research institute focused on helping students reach their highest potential in math, computer science and logical reasoning.
The skills developed in the IMACS Summer and After-School & Weekend programs can be applied to all aspects of students' studies. In fact, IMACS graduates have gone on to graduate top of their class at universities such as Harvard, MIT, and Stanford and are offered jobs at companies like Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and IBM.
For the rest of their lives, whether in school, at work or at play, IMACS students simply think better.
Summer Camp for Students Entering Grades 1-2
Young students in the IMACS Summer Camp exercise their minds in our Primary Logic Puzzles class.
In this course children play fun games and complete challenging puzzles that teach valuable critical reasoning and mathematical thinking skills. Students have so much fun they don’t even realize they’re learning!
Summer Camp for Students Entering Grades 3 – 8
Students in the IMACS Summer Camp engage in fun-filled, hi-tech classes such as:
- Logic Puzzles – In this class your child will be introduced to games, puzzles and challenging mysteries of pure logic presented as compelling stories. Team logic games, exciting tournaments, and, as in every IMACS class, new challenges are introduced every week!
- Computer Programming & Virtual Robotics – In this course students learn to write computer programs and then apply their skills in the Virtual Robotics Lab. They use wheels, gears and sensors to design, build and program their own virtual robots!
- Electronics – Students design and construct fun electronics projects, using resistors, diodes, LEDs, capacitors, integrated circuits, and more. Students are able to keep all the devices they build.
Summer Camp for Students entering grades 9 – 12
Advanced high school (and highly advanced middle school) students attending the IMACS Summer Camp will benefit from programs such as:
- University-Level Logic for Mathematics – Based on the world-renowned Elements of Mathematics curriculum, it is the envy of university-level mathematics courses everywhere. Designed for the most talented secondary school students, Logic for Mathematics is an unparalleled course in pure mathematical logic.
- University-Level Computer Science – A true university-level course in computer science, students go well beyond the traditional introductory courses. Designed for talented secondary school students, its graduates are several steps ahead of their peers in college.
- Electronics – Student design and construct fun electronics projects, using resistors, diodes, LEDs, capacitors, integrated circuits, and more. Students are able to keep all the devices they build.
The IMACS Advantage
Students in all age groups directly benefit from attending the IMACS Hi-Tech Summer Camp.
Student in all IMACS classes develop a
well-founded confidence rooted in genuine advancement of their reasoning skills.
This will lead to an improvement in academic performance during the next school year and beyond.
Carrie Holland says, “Just a note to let you know we are so happy with Tommy’s results in math thanks to the IMACS program. Can you believe he tested at mid 7th grade level in the Iowa Standard Test in his understanding of mathematical concepts? He’s only just finished third grade!”
Then there’s Ryan Newton who began attending IMACS in the summer before 5th grade. In high school he enrolled in the IMACS university-level Computer Science courses. When Ryan started as a freshman at the University of Indiana he was exempted from all undergraduate computer science classes!
Ryan went on to be accepted into PhD programs at Harvard, Princeton, Yale, MIT and many other highly acclaimed academic institutions.
The critical reasoning skills IMACS students develop help them achieve success in their academic and professional careers in a way that most of their peers will not.
Locations & Schedule
The Hi-Tech Summer Camp includes full-day programs, individual classes and single- and multi-week sessions.View the Summer Schedule Summer Enrollment Form (PDF)